Saturday, October 3, 2009

Being yourself

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" - Kurt Cobain

Growing up you always have role models. When I was growing up I always wanted to be like my parents. They taught me everything I wanted to know and more. My dad always let me help him work on his projects and my mom let me "read" my story books to her, I thought these were the best times. But in growing older, I discovered there were other people out there I wanted to be like. Not the supermodel/celebrities but the ones that were always in the background helping the other succeed. I always loved watching TLC on tv and still do today. On this show its so many people helping others to live better lives and make the best of who they are even if they don't see themselves that way. In wanting to be someone else, never made sense to me. I never really followed the trends that were set by classmates, I did what I thought was right and opinions didn't matter when it came to what I felt was right. I always try to overcome my goals and set new and higher standards for myself and for everyone around me. Because I believe in positive reinforcement, you will never accomplish anything by always being put down. Even if I do have negative thoughts and sometimes voice them, I always go back and try to correct my mistakes and think of positive things. In never wanting to be somebody else I feel I have become a role model for many people. I always strive to do my best in everything and I want others to do and feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment