Focus on: “to a large extent, your self-concept is formed by what others tell you about yourself, especially during the formative years of childhood.”
Do you agree with this statement?
What experiences did you have in your formative years that helped shape your self-concept?
I do agree with this statement because when I went to private school preschool-6th grade and I had the same friends and teachers that were always around. I grew a great deal about myself because I always had positive reinforcement about things I did that were good and when I needed help I was not afraid to ask. Also, my parents always told me that they always had faith in me to accomplish anything I set my mind to, this has always been with me and they still tell me that today. Also, having a close group of friends in elementary school helped me know that no matter what they looked like or how they acted they were still people just the same and that I was friends with them even if I didn't what to play on the the playground with them all the time. I also think that since I am the first born I always tried to play "mom" to my little sister. My mom would always let me help take care of her and I was always been the supportive one listening to my little sister and my friends and also the teacher because I would also try and teach my sister everything I knew. I was also called sunshine as a nickname by my family because I was always smiling and also tried to find the positive in everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment