From chapter one in our text book the most important thing to remember for change is that it is a proactive process, and only you can decide what you want to change and how much change is right for you. Also it surprised me the Serenity Prayer (page 6) is in the textbook. I have this typed up and on my wall at school and at home where I can see at all times. This does say a lot about change and does change my perspective of things when I am down or think I can’t do something.
This semester one thing I would like to change and grow from is connection with my family. I am getting to the point in my life where I am realizing that my great grandma and my grandparents will not be here as long as I would like them to be. I do not know very much about my great grandma and my grandma from my dad’s side and it has been hard to talk to them after they pushed us (my family), out of their lives and moved. It has taken many years before I would even consider talking to them. But that has changed when I called my grandma for her birthday and it was great to talk to her. I know I will continue to try and talk to her more and learn more about my family from that side. My grandparents from my mom’s side, I am very close to and they mean the world to me and my goal is that since they live closer is to see them more often and not think of it as “Oh I should go spend time with them.” Make it positive and know that they love to see me and that I should feel great that they are still here to go see and spend time with. Also to spend more time with my family when I am home from school and to cherish that time and also become closer to my sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment